0.030 – 32 Million Gallons per Day (MGD) advanced Membrane BioReactor (MBR) with Ultra-Violet disinfection for wastewater treatmentthat produces high quality Class A water and EPA certified Class A EQ biosolids for beneficial use.
ACWT’s contract agreements include Performance Bonding for technology, construction, start-up, training, and operating which guarantees long term solutions for municipalities, industry, and dairies.
ACWT provides proven technologies that kills 99.999999% of bacteria and viruses, dramatically reduces fecal solids, biological oxygen demand (BOD), inorganic nitrogen and inorganic phosphorus (Pi).
ACWT state-of-the-art technology reduces the cost and stops the repeating cycle of government-required upgrades because it exceeds all existing EPA and State regulations and allows cities to use their effluents for beneficial purposes.
Our process eliminates the outdated method of anaerobic digestion and incineration which emits greenhouse gases including carbon dioxide, methane, sulfur dioxide and ammonia.
Figure: EPA – Norovirus Disease in the United States
Why is controlling the spread of viruses important?
One virus alone, such as Norovirus, infects 21 million US patients yearly costing about $284 million in hospitalization visits.
- Outdated wastewater treatment plants do not effectively remove pathogens like viruses.
- Human waste inwastewater is a main source of viral contamination of our waters which adversely impacts all living organisms and the human food chain.
ACWT will analyze your effluents and prepare a report and offer engineering solutions.
Viral and bacterial disinfection to 99.999999% with no photoreactivation certified in EPA testing.
What is Class A water?
Clear water that is near drinking water quality with Total Suspended Solids (TSS) and Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) each reduced to less than 1 mg/L.
Compare to a city’s monthly design criteria of 50 mg/L TSS and 30 mg/L BOD and 85% removal and only 80% bacterial and viral disinfection.
- EPA indicates almost all bacteria and viruses regenerate through photoreactivation which can occur within hours of leaving the disinfection process.
- Photoreactivation is the process in which bacteria and viruses rejuvenate to their original state.
- There are many beneficial uses of reclaimed wastewater which stop the current practice of discharging toxic wastewater into our streams, rivers and bays.
What is EPA Certified Class A EQ biosolid?
A biosolid (fertilizer) is dewatered and heated sewage sludge that meets EPA guidelines for land application with no restrictions for use with trace pathogen concentrations.
Our process conserves the sulfur, nitrogen, phosphorous, carbon, and trace minerals for them to be returned to the soil for beneficial reuse.
- Removal of algae-causing nutrients such as nitrogen and phosphorous from wastewater and recycling to useful Class A fertilizer for land application.
Our process kills pathogens allowing the Class A biosolid product to be used in any application, such as being economically distributed for beneficial reuse in agriculture.
“There is a growing need for urban water managers to take a more holistic view of their water resource systems as population growth, urbanization, and current operations put different stresses on the environment and urban infrastructure. Total Water Management (TWM) is an approach that examines urban water systems in a more interconnected manner, focusing on reducing water demands, increasing water recycling and reuse, creating water supply assets from stormwater management, matching water quality to end-use needs, and achieving environmental goals through multi-purpose, multi-benefit infrastructure.”
– EPA, Total Water Management
Class A Water Beneficial Reuses
- Golf courses
- Car washes
- Cooling water
- Industrial process water
- Concrete mixing
- Wetland enhancement
- Wildlife Habitat
- Water quality improvement
- Fisheries breeding grounds
- Repairing streams affected by water diversion